Saturday, March 19, 2016

Almost Time To Take The Straw Off

It's getting to be the time of year when we just can't wait to get out there. We want to start working the land and planting all of the seeds we bought for the upcoming season. We are full of hope and anticipation of things to come.  This morning was absolutely beautiful, the sun was shining so bright and you could almost get away without a coat if you were just going out to the barn. But that's not where I was going! I was on my way to check out our strawberries;) I guess I can't wait for spring! I just threw on some flip flops, I didn't care! Not gonna lie, it was a little muddy, but I just wanted to get out there. Check out what I found! Our Strawberries are starting to green up, I am going to have to send Gerry and the boys out to the field to take the straw off. This is not something we want to rush as it is only March and who says we can't still have some cold nights...the plants look good though...always a Farm Girl and proud of it;)

No comments:

Post a Comment